What is the importance of eye? Why Eye care is important? Eyesight is the most important organ of our sensory system. You can perceive up to 80% through the sense of sight. The eye has several sets of muscles. Each set of muscles is able to move the eye in different directions. Eye helps us to analyze the light rays and carry the information to our brain.
For healthy brain function you need healthy eyesight. Healthy eyes gives you improved and better quality of life. Regular eye tests with an eye doctor are essential for the early detection of eye diseases like Cataracts, Age related Mascular Degeneration, Glaucoma, etc. Eyes heal quickly. A clouding of the eye’s lens that can blur vision is Cataract disease while Macular degeneration is the damage to the retina that destroys central vision.
Don’t take your eyesight for granted. It is very important to keep your eyes healthy and maintain the health as you grow older. To keep your eyes functioning properly well into your later years it essential to lead a healthy life with regular exercise and healthy food.
It is necessary to do regular eye check up to detect the diseases in the early stage rather waiting to experience some changes in the eyesight. Even if you think you have perfect vision, a regular eye exam can be one of the best things you can do to protect the overall health and wellness of your eyes.
Top 6 reasons why you need an eye check up:
- Avoid eye problems: You should get your eyes checked every 1 to 2 years. You need regular check up to detect if you have serious, sometimes “silent” problems that can affect your vision. An eye exam makes you really sure that your vision is fine or your eyes are healthy. To catch eye conditions early and help prevent vision loss, you should get a regular eye check up. You need eye check up to avoid eye diseases like Age-related mascular degeneration, Glaucoma, Cataract, refractive errors etc. Early treatment is critically important to prevent eye diseases from causing permanent vision loss or blindness.
- Detect other diseases: A regular eye check-up not only protects your vision, but can also help detecting other diseases like cancer, diabetes etc. The eye can give several clues to diseases in the body which helps in detecting and identifying by eye examination. In children, a lot of genetic disorders can be detected by birth with an eye test. Eye check up can identify major illnesses like Hypertension, High cholesterol Cardiovascular Disease, Arthritis, Neurological Disorders, Thyroid-Related Problems, etc.
- Keeps eyes healthy: The eyes are sensitive to various factors in daily life. It will be difficult to restore the health of your eyes. Therefore do not wait until they start to worry about poor vision. It is really important to visit a eye professional to protecting your eyes and keep your eyes healthy. An eye doctor can suggest the ways and methods to protect and keep eyes healthy. A regular eye check up is critical to determining eye problems, but it is not the only way to ensure eye health. To keep up the overall eye health, maintain vision and function it is important to eat healthy food, eye relaxation, reduced screen use, etc.
- Genetic eye problems: Genetics plays an important role in vision problems that occur in healthy eyes. Early diagnosis can help in correcting the inherited eye diseases. If you have inherited eye disorders eye check is severely important to diagnose the problem and plan follow-up and possible & effective treatment. Genetic eye problems can be listed as follows, Strabismus, Color vision problems, Amblyopia, Glaucoma, Refraction errors, Age-related macular degeneration, and Cataracts etc. Early detection can get best treatment.
- Use of eyeglasses: Regular eye check up can guide if you need Eyeglasses for Vision Correction. Eyeglasses are an easy way to correct refractive errors and improving your vision. If you already have glasses, your vision may change as passage of time and therefore you need a check up for new prescription. You need eye check up if your vision is blurry or hazy, you have headaches, your eyes hurt, you see a glare around bright lights, etc.
- Improve quality of life: Vision effects on quality of life. Vision disability is one of the growing disabilities among adults. Proper treatment and corrective measure can improve the vision. Regular eye check is important to get appropriate therapy for improving the quality of life of any individual. Vision impairment has a significant impact on the quality of life.
An eye exam is just important about checking the health of your eyes. Eye check up is important to review eye diseases, vision problems and other health concerns. You need regular eye exams to make sure your eyes develop correctly and catch vision problems that may affect your quality of life. Though you have a perfect vision, you need eye check up to protect your health and wellness.